International Medical Education Directory schools
The International Medical Education Directory (IMED) is a free web-based resource for accurate and up-to-date information about international medical schools that are recognized by the appropriate government agency in the countries where they are located. FAIMER is not an accrediting agency. Listing of a medical school in IMED does not denote recognition, accreditation, or endorsement by FAIMER.
A medical school is added to IMED after FAIMER receives confirmation from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, or other appropriate agency that the Ministry or agency has recognized that school. FAIMER also updates IMED as new information about medical schools is received from these agencies.
The following information is available in IMED:
- Current and former official names of the medical school
- Name of the university with which the medical school is affiliated (if applicable)
- Medical school address, telephone/fax numbers, and e-mail address
- Medical school website
- Degree title (title of the medical degree currently awarded by the medical school or university)
- Graduation years (These are the calendar years during which the medical school has been operating and recognized by the appropriate agency in the country where the school is located. Although individual medical schools may have been recognized prior to 1953, IMED generally only provides graduation year information beginning with 1953.)
- Year instruction began
- Language of instruction
- Duration of the curriculum
- Entrance examination requirement
- Eligibility of foreign (non-national) students
- Total enrollment
You may search for schools in IMED by geographic region, country, name of the school, or name of the city where the school is located. Detailed search instructions are provided. Access to IMED in a downloadable format is also available through the IMED Subscription Service.
Find out more about the, or log into your existing account >
Medical school, Ministry of Health, or other appropriate government agency officials who wish to provide updated medical school information should contact FAIMER at the address below. General questions concerning IMED may also be directed here:
International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
You might also like
Disparities In Access To Palliative Care — Health Affairs
Postgraduate training opportunities for all disciplines involved in providing palliative care, such as graduate medical education slots, should be increased.
Guide to Undergraduate & Graduate Nursing & Health Programs in the USA 2000 Edition
Book (Education Intl)