UPMC Medical Education Program Internal Medicine
Physician - Internal Medicine
Description: UPMC is in need of Physician - Internal Medicine right now, this vacancy will be delegated in Pennsylvania. Further informations about this vacancy opportunity please give attention to these descriptions. The Internal Medicine Residency Program at UPMC McKeesport currently consists of 5 core Internal Medicine physicians serving as faculty and 39 Internal Medicine Residents. The pro! gram is dually accredited by Allopathic and Osteopathic graduate medical education and training. The department has outpatient offices on the hospital campus, and utilizes Epicare Electronic Medical Records. The internists round on the practicesÂ¿ patients at the hospital; the typical inpatient census is between 10-15 patients. The current call group consists of 5 physicians; call rotation is 1:5 weekdays and weekends. With the addition this faculty position, the rotations/call would be reduced to 1:6. While on call, the physician would round on the weekend as well as take outpatient call. Excellent balance between clinical, administrative, learning activities and personal life. Rich academic environment, wide range of scholarly activities, and interactive didactic lectures.
UPMC McKeesport is located in the great Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area. Pittsburgh was ranked the No. 1 U.S. city for relocating families by Worldwide ERC and Primacy Relocation. Pittsburgh is a ! city of neighborhoods - 90 of them, each with its own characte! r and history. With three rivers, more bridges than any other city in the world, affordable housing, parks and acreage, first-rate schools, universities, arts organizations, and sports teams - postindustrial Pittsburgh thrives. Make Pittsburgh your home.
- The position includes both clinical and administrative/ teaching/ research responsibilities. The incoming physician will work the requisite clinical sessions per month and can expect to see between 10-12 patients per session. He/ she will also take part in inpatient rounds and call coverage rotation, taking part in conferences, mentoring rounds, residency recruitment, faculty development, corrective plans, hospital committees and quality assurance/ improvement.
- Board Certified ( or board eligible) Internist who completed 3 years of an ACGME residency with three-years of experience at an accredited Internal Medicine Residency Progra! m
- Proven training, skills and commitment to clinical care, research and education.
- Board-certified in Internal Medicine (or sitting for the boards within three months). DO physicians are highly encouraged to apply
- Must be qualified for a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you were eligible to this vacancy, please send us your resume, with salary requirements and a resume to UPMC.
The International Medical Graduate's Guide to Us Medicine and Residency Training
Book (American College of Physicians)
Disparities In Access To Palliative Care — Health Affairs
Postgraduate training opportunities for all disciplines involved in providing palliative care, such as graduate medical education slots, should be increased.
Good Practice Student's Book: Communication Skills in English for the Medical Practitioner (Cambridge Professional English)
Book (Cambridge University Press)
What are the international conferences in which medical students can participate? - Quora
There is a International Medical Students' Congress in Novi Sad being held from 17th July to 20th July 2014. This is a multidisciplinary scientific event which will welcome students and young health professionals of medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing and molecular biology.