Abbott independent Medical educational grants
As part of Amgen's mission to further the advancement of medicine and healthcare, Amgen supports Independent Medical Education ("IME") provided by accredited organizations.
Areas of interest to Amgen include, but are not limited to:
- Biomedical Data Sciences
- Bone Oncology
- Center for Observational Research
- Clinical Immunology and Molecular Sciences
- Comparative Biology and Safety Sciences
- Discovery Research
- General Medicine
- Inflammation: Dermatology
- Inflammation: Rheumatology
- Metabolic Bone
- Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism
- Product and Process Development
Requests will be considered and supported for a variety of accredited educational opportunities, such as live presentations, written enduring materials, online courses, and conference symposia.
IME is professional education given by accredited medical education providers who design and implement programs totally independent of any Amgen influence, as defined by standards such as the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education ("ACCME") guidelines, the FDA's Guidance: Industry Supported Scientific and Educational Activities, and the PhRMA Code.
Amgen's support for IME programs that meet the Eligibility Criteria is compliant with federal and state laws, as well as guidelines that govern such activities. Amgen commercial staff, including field staff, is not involved in decisions to fund IME programs. For more information regarding Amgen's interactions with healthcare professionals and other customers, click here.
Responsibility and control over the selection, content, faculty, educational methods, materials, and venue for an independent medical education event belongs solely to the organizers of the event in accordance with the accredited provider's guidelines. Amgen will not provide any advice or guidance to the accredited independent medical education provider (even if asked) regarding the content or faculty for any program that has received funding.
It is important to note:
- IME funding decisions will not take into account the current or potential customer status of the IME requestor
- Financial support will not be provided for the costs of travel, lodging, or other personal expenses of non-faculty healthcare professionals attending IME, either directly to the individuals participating in the event or indirectly to the event's provider. Funding cannot compensate for the time spent by non-faculty healthcare professionals participating in the IME event.
Principles and Foundations of Health Promotion and Education (3rd Edition)
Book (Benjamin Cummings)
GMC taps director for new residency program — Gwinnettdailypost.com
“We will provide students with a solid medical education foundation to practice internal medicine in a hospital or outpatient setting.” Prior to getting tapped for GMC position, Bates also served as director of FACES HIV Program at Nationwide Children ..