Medical Education Research Institute Memphis TN
Facts about the Medical Education & Research Institute (MERI)
- The Medical Education & Research Institute is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit hands-on medical teaching and training school and bioskills lab located at 44 South Cleveland in Memphis, TN.
- The MERI supports state-of-the-art hands-on educational courses in minimally invasive training and research and medical simulation training for physicians, nurses, Paramedics, and other health care professionals from across the country and around the world.
- MERI can provide one-stop event planning to support your bioskills training needs across the USA, as well as full-service concierge services.
- At the MERI, medical professionals are introduced to the latest innovations in medicine, and have the opportunity to learn first-hand about the most up-to-date medical techniques and technologies.
- The MERI supports research in all specialties of medicine, providing students with the environment necessary for developing, testing and refining the latest medical procedures and devices.
- Inspired in 1992 by Memphis neurosurgeon, Dr. Kevin T. Foley, today the MERI is governed by a 12-member board of directors, which includes leaders from its charitable member organizations Baptist Memorial Health Care, Methodist-Le Bonheur Healthcare, and Semmes-Murphey Neurologic and Spine Institute.
- Many professional medical associations and societies act as grantors, sponsoring courses for physicians in a variety of medical specialties.
- With the use of un-embalmed anatomical specimens, the MERI offers a unique, authentic, hands-on operating room training experience in which new techniques, technologies and devices perform just as they would in a live patient.
- MERI can provide anatomic tissue with or without a courier to support your education and research needs at the location of your choice. This program is supported by the whole body donors to MERI’s Genesis Legacy of Life program.
- Through our Mobile MERI Team, we are proud to provide courses and support to our sponsors off-site throughout the continental United States.
- MERI is accredited by the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) and is the first non-distributing tissue bank organization to earn AATB accreditation.
- In 2008 MERI added...
Excise dept inspects chemist shops — Hindustan Times
.. under supervision of UT assistant excise and taxation commissioner RC Bhalla, carried out inspection at Kumar Brothers in Sector 11, Trilok Chemist at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Gupta Agencies in Sector 24 ..
Fake research at PGI: Journal starts its own investigation — Hindustan Times
A leg of a three-year-old child got paralysed while the doctors of the cardiolo gy de par tment were allegedly performing an angiography at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh. According to a complaint.
Mobile Application (World Apps)
Fired with zeal to heal the mind and spirit — Hindustan Times
He started the psychiatry department at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, in 1963 and was its head from 1968.