Medical Education Research Punjab
The Medical Education and Research in Punjab is governed by the Directorate of Medical Education & Research, Punjab. This Directorate was set up in April 1973, to develop medical manpower and to ensure that medical education and teaching hospitals receive adequate attention and proper facilities for research work in the various branches of medicine. This Directorate works under the control of the Director, Research and Medical Education, Punjab. Its office is at Chandigarh. He is assisted by a Joint director, Officer-on-special Duty and Deputy Controller (Finance & Account).
ALLOCATION OF BUSINESS RULES:-
- Establishment of the Directorate of Research and Medical Education, and all Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Senior Lecturers, Lecturers, Registrars and Demonstrators at the Government Medical Colleges, Amritsar and Patiala Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot and the Government Dental Colleges.
- T.B. Sanatorium, Amritsar.
- Government Medical College, Patiala.
- Rajindra Hospital, Patiala.
- Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot.
- Guru Gobind Singh Hospital, Faridkot.
- Government Medical College, Amritsar.
- Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Amritsar.
- Dental College, Amritsar.
- Dental College and Hospital, Patiala.
- Ayurvedic College and Hospital. Patiala.
- Medical Education and Training of Nurses and Para-medical Staff.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research.
- State Medical Faculty, Medical registration including Medical Council of India Central Dental Council.
- The Punjab Medical Council, the Punjab Nursing Council, the Punjab Dental Council, the Punjab Pharmacy Council, the Punjab Ayurvedic Council and the Punjab Homoeopathic Council-Registration of Doctors, Dentist, Nurses, Pharmacists, Homeopaths and Vaids.
- All matters relating to the administration of the following Acts and Rules made thereunder:-
- The Indian Medical degree Act, 1916.
- The Punjab Anatomy Act, 1963.
- The Punjab Corneal Grafting Act, 1963.
- Private Medical Colleges and Hospitals.
- Christian Medical College and Brown Hospital, Ludhiana.
- Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana.
- Grant-in-aid to private medical colleges and teaching hospitals and aushadhalayas.
You might also like
Evaluation and Testing in Nursing Education: Fourth Edition (Springer Series on the Teaching of Nursing)
Book (Springer Publishing Company)
Excise dept inspects chemist shops — Hindustan Times
.. under supervision of UT assistant excise and taxation commissioner RC Bhalla, carried out inspection at Kumar Brothers in Sector 11, Trilok Chemist at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Gupta Agencies in Sector 24 ..
Fake research at PGI: Journal starts its own investigation — Hindustan Times
A leg of a three-year-old child got paralysed while the doctors of the cardiolo gy de par tment were allegedly performing an angiography at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh. According to a complaint.
Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School
Book (Pear Press)
Fired with zeal to heal the mind and spirit — Hindustan Times
He started the psychiatry department at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, in 1963 and was its head from 1968.