Medical Training Education in NM
As part of the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center the New Mexico AETC offers free multi-disciplinary training for clinicians providing care to people living with HIV.
The New Mexico AIDS Education and Training Center is one of the local performance sites of the Mountain Plains AIDS Education and Training Center (MPAETC) Program. The AETC Program is the professional training arm of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
One of the largest and most comprehensive professional education programs dedicated to HIV/AIDS, the AETC Program was developed by Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Public Health Service, and the Department of Health and Human Services to provide customized, multi-disciplinary training programs for healthcare providers treating persons living with HIV/AIDS.
What we do:
- Provide timely updates to health care professionals on treatment and care of HIV-infected clients
- Provide information about state HIV programs and resources
- Serve as a resource for NM's health professional schools
- Provide individualized clinical education experience
- Teach health care professionals to share their expertise with peers
- Provide partial to full funding
- Scholarship support for providers to attend trainings, workshops, conferences, and professional development training
Who we serve
- Advanced practice nurses
- Physician Assistants
- Oral health professionals
- Faculty and staff in health profession schools
IOM Graduate Medical Education Report: Better Aligning GME Funding With .. — Health Affairs
The report and recommendations recognize and build upon the existing infrastructure overseeing medical education, training, credentialing and licensure.
NYU Langone Medical Center Partners with Education Leader Kaplan, Inc., to .. — Newswise
We look forward to supporting health practitioners through high-quality, interactive medical education training programs that improve patient outcomes and increase ROI for health systems.” As the program continues, additional clinical conditions will ..
Medical Education in Oklahoma: The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine and Health Sciences Center, 1964-1996
Book (University of Oklahoma Press)