Oxford Postgraduate Medical Dental Education
The postgraduate certificate in Medical & Dental Education, run by Oxford Brookes in collaboration with Oxford Postgraduate Medical & Dental Education (Oxford PGMDE), aims to support the development of reflective, critical educators in medical and dental practice, particularly in the context of one-to-one teaching in primary care settings.
* Our courses are open to a wide range of health and social care professionals providing highly-flexible continuing professional development (CPD) study opportunities with part-time, full-time and mixed-mode options (including opportunities for e-learning, blended and distance learning).
* We support multi and interprofessional learning and teaching, and many of our courses are either fully multiprofessional or offer excellent opportunities for shared learning.
* Our lecturers are experienced in their specialist practice area and maintain excellent practice links with those areas locally or across the region.
* Many of our lecturers have reputations for excellence and have established links with colleagues, organisations and institutions at national and international level.
* We have a strong research profile, with experienced researchers working in established areas of cancer care, children and families, drug and alcohol, physical rehabilitation and enablement and interprofessional education & collaborative practice.
* Oxford Brookes is rated internationally excellent across a broad range of subjects in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE). 70% of our research in Allied Health Professions and Studies was rated as being of international significance, of which 10% was rated as world-leading.
* Oxford Brookes is a student centred institution that is fully committed to each individual achieving their potential. To support this, we offer a broad range of student support schemes to facilitate learning and development
* We have an excellent track record of high levels of student satisfaction, low student attrition rates and high employability.
The course involves a combination of residential modules and work-based learning. There are three residential modules, each lasting three or four days and involving a combination of small-group work and plenary sessions. The three modules are designed to explore different aspects of learning and teaching:
* You as a learner
* You as an educational manager
* You as an educator.
Much of the work-based learning will reflect the day-to-day activities of modern primary care and for GPs will include preparation of the practice for training.
You might also like
How Doctors Think
Book (Mariner Books)
IOM Graduate Medical Education Report: Better Aligning GME Funding With .. — Health Affairs
The report and recommendations recognize and build upon the existing infrastructure overseeing medical education, training, credentialing and licensure.
NYU Langone Medical Center Partners with Education Leader Kaplan, Inc., to .. — Newswise
We look forward to supporting health practitioners through high-quality, interactive medical education training programs that improve patient outcomes and increase ROI for health systems.” As the program continues, additional clinical conditions will ..