Dental Council visit the

Postgraduate Medical Dental Education Wales

Wales Deanery – School of Post Graduate Medical and Dental Education

The School is responsible for commissioning, overseeing and monitoring the provision of education and professional development for general practitioners, trainees, dental practitioners and dental care professionals across Wales.

Each section of the School has its own expertise

Revalidation Support Unit – provides an online appraisal system for every doctor in Wales, as well as a variety of educational events across Wales in order for both primary and secondary care doctors to continue their professional development.

Access the Online Appraisal System or the Online CPD modules.

The Unit also provides medical appraisal skills training to all doctors in Wales, and a bespoke training programme can be provided on request.

Dental Postgraduate Education Section – offers a high quality CPD programme throughout Wales for all dental professionals.

Medical Education Section – provide an active programme of courses for health professionals involved in teaching ranging from workshops on specific topics to full Master Degree programmes in Medical Education.

Mariner Books How Doctors Think
Book (Mariner Books)
  • Doctors

IOM Graduate Medical Education Report: Better Aligning GME Funding With ..  — Health Affairs
The report and recommendations recognize and build upon the existing infrastructure overseeing medical education, training, credentialing and licensure.

NYU Langone Medical Center Partners with Education Leader Kaplan, Inc., to ..  — Newswise
We look forward to supporting health practitioners through high-quality, interactive medical education training programs that improve patient outcomes and increase ROI for health systems.” As the program continues, additional clinical conditions will ..

Popular Q&A

Where will a 'Postgraduate Certificate in Education' allow you to teach (UK)?

I really know nothing about this, but Birmingham Conservatoire of Music that I want to go to has a 4 year course that I want to take. But, if I take a five year course, there is an integrated PGCE. All I want to know is, where will it allow me to teach? Secondary schools? Or will it allow me to teach in a college? If not, what qualification would I need to teach in a college?
Thanks. (:

Technically a PGCE will allow you to teach any age and any subject regardless of what you train in. However I'd guess that the integrated PGCE will enable you to be a secondary school music teacher. Primary PGCE's enable you to teach all subjects at Primary level. Secondary PGCE's you have to choose a specialist subject (usually the subject of your degree). Further Ed requires a PGCftE. Give the music department a buzz and get them to clarify exactly what PGCE it is.
For further ed take a look at the GTTR ( - it's UCAS but for PGCE's. A quick look shows that Birmingham City University …

Related Posts